Jellied Champagne Dessert Recipe
This refreshing dessert looks just like a glass of bubbling champagne.—James Schend, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold white grape juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups champagne or club soda
- 8 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup cold grape juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in sugar. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining grape juice. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Transfer gelatin mixture to a large bowl. Slowly stir in champagne. Pour half of the mixture into eight champagne or parfait glasses. Add one strawberry to each glass. Chill glasses and remaining gelatin mixture until almost set, about 1 hour.
- 3. Place the reserved gelatin mixture in a blender; cover and process until foamy. Pour into glasses. Chill for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC