Jellied Champagne Dessert
We fashioned this refreshing dessert to look like a glass of bubbling champagne, making it perfect for New Year's Eve. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold white grape juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups champagne or club soda
- 8 fresh strawberries, hulled
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup cold grape juice;
- let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin
- is completely dissolved. Stir in sugar. Remove from the heat; stir
- in remaining grape juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer gelatin mixture to a large bowl. Slowly stir in champagne.
- Pour half of the mixture into eight champagne or parfait glasses.
- Add one strawberry to each glass. Chill glasses and remaining
- gelatin mixture until almost set, about 1 hour.
- Place the reserved gelatin mixture in a blender; cover and process
- until foamy. Pour into glasses. Chill for 3 hours or until set.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 96 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.