This refreshing dessert looks just like a glass of bubbling champagne.—James Schend, Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold white grape juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups Champagne or club soda
- 8 fresh strawberries, hulled
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup cold grape juice; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in sugar. Remove from the heat; stir in remaining grape juice. Cool to room temperature.
- Transfer gelatin mixture to a large bowl. Slowly stir in champagne. Pour half of the mixture into eight champagne or parfait glasses. Add one strawberry to each glass. Chill glasses and remaining gelatin mixture until almost set, about 1 hour.
- Place the reserved gelatin mixture in a blender; cover and process until foamy. Pour into glasses. Chill for 3 hours or until set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Jelled Champagne Dessert in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p181
Reviews for Jellied Champagne Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review