These biscuits are a pleasure to serve because that look so lovely with the colorful jelly.—Marsha Ransom, South Haven, Michigan
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup jelly
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of
- tartar. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk, stir quickly with a fork just until mixed. Drop by
- rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Make a deep
- thumbprint in tops; fill each with 1 teaspoon of jelly. Bake at
- 450° for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are browned. Yield:
- about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.