- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup cubed process American cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in gravy mix and seasonings; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in potatoes and cheese. Cook and stir until the potatoes are heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Jeff's Potato Soup
Sort By :
I used a good sharp cheddar instead of "process" American.
Using leftover potatoes makes this soup so quick to make! It definitely has a distinctive flavor that's not your typical potato soup, and we really enjoyed it.
I've been making this soup since I first saw the recipe in a magazine. The flavor is absolutely excellent!!
This is a winter staple in my meal plans. It is super easy to make. Somtimes when we are having baked potatoes, I will make a few extra, scoop out the potato filling for this soup and use the skins the next night for yummy stuffed potato skins.