- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 envelopes chicken gravy mix
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup cubed process American cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in gravy mix and seasonings; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in potatoes and cheese. Cook and stir until the potatoes are heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Jeff's Potato Soup in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p47
Reviews for Jeff's Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2012
"I used a good sharp cheddar instead of "process" American."
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2011
"I've been making this soup since I first saw the recipe in a magazine. The flavor is absolutely excellent!!"