Jazzy Spaghetti Sauce
Artichoke hearts and bacon give a simple meat sauce new dimensions. It’s quick to fix, but if you’re short on time, cook the beef mixture ahead. Reheat with sauce and artichokes. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and
- artichoke hearts. Heat through. Sprinkle with bacon and serve with
- linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups (calculated without linguine) equals 393 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.