Jazzy Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Hot cooked linguine
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and artichoke hearts. Heat through. Sprinkle with bacon and serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without linguine) equals 393 calories, 26 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.