Artichoke hearts and bacon give a simple meat sauce new dimensions. It's quick to fix, but if you're short on time, cook the beef mixture ahead. Reheat with sauce and artichokes. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and artichoke hearts. Heat through. Sprinkle with bacon and serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Jazzy Spaghetti Sauce in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p18
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Jazzy Spaghetti Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2012
"The artichoke hearts did nothing for this. It was not worth the price to add these to the sauce."