Artichoke hearts and bacon give a simple meat sauce new dimensions. It's quick to fix, but if you're short on time, cook the beef mixture ahead. Reheat with sauce and artichokes. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and artichoke hearts. Heat through. Sprinkle with bacon and serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Jazzy Spaghetti Sauce in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p18
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Jazzy Spaghetti Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2012
"The artichoke hearts did nothing for this. It was not worth the price to add these to the sauce."