Jazzy Mac 'n' Cheese Recipe
Adding Parmesan and mozzarella to already cheesy macaroni will have your clan clamoring for this tried-and-true pasta dish. Diced tomatoes and chilies add color and zip.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add macaroni; set aside cheese packet. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until pasta is tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- 2. Add tomatoes and butter; mix until butter is melted. Add the reserved cheese packet; mix well. Remove from heat; add Parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 384 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,073 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC