Jazzy Mac 'n' Cheese
Adding Parmesan and mozzarella to already cheesy macaroni will have your clan clamoring for this tried-and-true pasta dish. Diced tomatoes and chilies add color and zip.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add macaroni; set
- aside cheese packet. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes
- or until pasta is tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Add tomatoes and butter; mix until butter is melted. Add the reserved
- cheese packet; mix well. Remove from heat; add Parmesan and
- mozzarella cheese. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 384 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,073 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.