Adding Parmesan and mozzarella to already cheesy macaroni will have your clan clamoring for this tried-and-true pasta dish. Diced tomatoes and chilies add color and zip.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add macaroni; set aside cheese packet. Cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Add tomatoes and butter; mix until butter is melted. Add the reserved cheese packet; mix well. Remove from heat; stir in the Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Jazzy Mac 'n' Cheese in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2003, p9
Reviews for Jazzy Mac 'n' Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2011
"This recipe didn't taste bad but I can't say I enjoyed it much. It was very easy to make and my 6 year-old son loved helping me make it."
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2010
"Very tasty. A nice change from ordinary mac & cheese."