Jazzed-Up Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the green beans, soup, water chestnuts, milk, bacon, pepper and paprika. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until beans are tender; stir in cheese. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Jazzed-Up Green Bean Casserole
Sort By :
While I liked the idea of the crock pot, I had some trouble with soupiness and the cheese. I had to thicken mine by removing the lid of the slow cooker during the last half hour of cooking....which I then had an issue with the cheese not melting correctly. I won't blame the recipe...just some of the mechanics of it. I thought it tasted really nice though...and I omitted the water chestnuts (not a fan) and added more bacon and onions as well. Very tastey and made great left overs!!
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving and my family really loved it. I did make a few changes. I cut the water chestnuts into strips to make it easier to pick up with the beans. I also added 3 extra strips of bacon cuz we all love bacon. I added soy sauce for more flavor and I bought the bigger can of onions and crumbled 2 or 3 handfulls into the beans when I added the cheese. I cooked it for 6 hours. The beans came out nice and tender. There wasn't any left. I'm gonna make it for Chrstmas Eve too.
I made this for the first time.. quick and easy. the only thing i found it to somewhat soupy so next time ill just cut back on the milk...will be making this again
I made this for Thanksgiving last year, and everyone really liked it. I will be making it againg this year. It was so nice to put it in the slow cooker and forget about it!
Definitely, Voodoo Witch....you must have put a hex it! It was wonderful. I used can green beans, though
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Casserole Recipes >
- Green Bean Recipes >