When there's no time to make gravy, or you run out of gravy to serve with leftovers, try this lifesaver that makes the most of prepared gravy. You can replace the thyme with poultry seasoning when using chicken or turkey gravy.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef, pork, chicken or turkey gravy
- In a small saucepan, saute onion, thyme and pepper in butter for 3
- minutes. Stir in gravy. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 16 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.