Jazzed-Up French Bread
Fire up the grill right away for this tasty French bread. It takes seconds to prepare and then cooks away over indirect heat, giving you plenty of time to assemble the rest of the meal. —Lori LeCroy, East Tawas, Michigan
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 30 min. + standing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise and onions. Spread
- over cut sides of bread and reassemble loaf. Wrap in a double
- thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.); seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until
- cheese is melted, turning once. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- cutting into slices. Yield: 10 servings.