Jazzed-Up Clam Chowder Recipe
“No one ever guesses that my dressed-up and delicious chowder came from cans!” Josephine Piro — Easton, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 can (19 ounces) chunky New England clam chowder
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the clam chowder, corn and milk. Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until heated through, stirring every 2 minutes. Sprinkle servings with cheese, bacon and chives. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 211 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC