Java-Spice Rub for Pork Recipe
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a small spice jar. Store in a cool dry place for up to 2 months. Yield: 3 batches (3 tablespoons total).
- 2. To prepare pork tenderloin: Brush pork with oil; rub with 1 tablespoon seasoning mix. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 3. Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill pork, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
3 ounces cooked pork: 166 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 204mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Java-Spice Rub for Pork
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.