Ground coffee is the secret ingredient in this special rub, which could also be used on beef steaks.—Mark Morgan, Waterford, Wisconsin Tip: Pair this pork with Pineapple Pepper Salsa.
Featured In: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 1 tablespoon finely ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a small spice jar. Store in a cool dry place for up to 2 months. Yield: 3 batches (3 tablespoons total).
- To prepare pork tenderloin: Brush pork with oil; rub with 1 tablespoon seasoning mix. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Grill pork, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Originally published as Java-Spice Rub for Pork in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p96
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Java-Spice Rub for Pork
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review