Java Crunch Ice Cream Recipe
My daughter loves this decadent ice cream and begs me to make it often. Instant coffee adds a wonderfully rich flavor that complements the chocolate-covered pecans and buttery toffee chips. —Jamie Parker, Lubbock, Texas
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1 cup almond brickle chips or English toffee bits
- 8 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans and brickle chips. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Pour over pecan mixture. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm; chop and set aside.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container and stir in reserved pecan mixture; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 2-3/4 quarts.
Originally published as Java Crunch Ice Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p201
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Java Crunch Ice Cream(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review