Java Crunch Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup almond brickle chips or English toffee bits
- 8 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine pecans and brickle chips. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Pour over pecan mixture. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. pan. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm; chop and set aside.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to a freezer container, allowing headspace for expansion. For each batch, stir in some of the reserved pecan mixture. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 2-3/4 quarts.
1/2 cup equals 462 calories, 36 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.