Java Crunch Ice Cream Recipe
My daughter loves this decadent ice cream and begs me to make it often. Instant coffee adds a wonderfully rich flavor that complements the chocolate-covered pecans and buttery toffee chips. —Jamie Parker, Lubbock, Texas
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup almond brickle chips or English toffee bits
- 8 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine pecans and brickle chips. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Pour over pecan mixture. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. pan. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm; chop and set aside.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to a freezer container, allowing headspace for expansion. For each batch, stir in some of the reserved pecan mixture. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 2-3/4 quarts.
1/2 cup: 462 calories, 36g fat (19g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Java Crunch Ice Cream
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC