Java Crunch Ice Cream Recipe
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup almond brickle chips or English toffee bits
- 8 ounces dark chocolate candy coating, chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine pecans and brickle chips. In a microwave, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Pour over pecan mixture. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. pan. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm; chop and set aside.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. (Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Transfer ice cream to a freezer container, allowing headspace for expansion. For each batch, stir in some of the reserved pecan mixture. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm. Yield: 2-3/4 quarts.
1/2 cup: 462 calories, 36g fat (19g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Java Crunch Ice Cream
"this is my family's absolute favorite homemade ice cream and I love that it is easy with no cooking required. it is not overly sweet and the chocolate crunch part adds the perfect touch."
"LOVED IT! Only took out a few things."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.