These fun and fancy goodies have chopped pecans in the puffs and mouthwatering mocha cream filling. Guests will be impressed. —Iola Egle, Bella Vista, Arkansas
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- MOCHA CREAM FILLING:
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny. Stir in pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- For filling, in a large saucepan, combine coffee and marshmallows. Cook over low heat until marshmallows are melted. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and chill just until thickened.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Whisk chilled coffee mixture until light in color; fold in whipped cream. Just before serving, fill each puff with about 1/3 cup filling. Replace tops and drizzle with fudge topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Java Cream Puffs in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p20
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Java Cream Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review