- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine coffee granules and cream; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and reserved coffee mixture. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. To one portion, add cocoa and walnuts. Stir chocolate chips into remaining dough.
- To form cookies, place 1 teaspoon of each dough on an ungreased baking sheet; lightly press doughs together. Flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining doughs. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Java Cream Drops
Sort By :
One of my favorite recipes to make. I double the coffee granules to give it a richer coffee flavor.
These cookies were so easy to make and bake. My family loved them. I will make these often. i didn't have 1/2 and !/2, so I used milk. They still turned out though.
Thanks roberta810 - your comment was exactly what I was looking for!! Can't wait to bake these.
I couldn't taste the coffee in these.
i am so glad to find this online- I said the same thing-what remaining cream!!! Off to bake!