"My co-workers love coffee. Whenever I see coffee flavored recipes, I know they'll be gobbled up at the office. These great tasting cookies were a hit with my Java-loving friends!" Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine coffee granules and cream; set aside. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and reserved coffee mixture. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough in half. To one portion, add cocoa and walnuts. Stir chocolate chips into remaining dough.
- To form cookies, place 1 teaspoon of each dough on an ungreased baking sheet; lightly press doughs together. Flatten slightly. Repeat with remaining doughs. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Java Cream Drops in Taste of Home December/January 2009, p53
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Java Cream Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review