- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring water, oil and salt to a boil. Stir in rice; return to a boil, stirring once. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-17 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Stir in cherries, peanuts and orange peel; let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forJasmine Rice with Coconut & Cherries
"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Can anyone give me some ideas as to what they served this with?"
"Wonderful recipe. I used leftover brown rice, and switched out the peanuts for cashews. Enjoyed the taste of the toasted coconut. Will definitely make this again."
"This is the be rice dish ever! I changed a couple things because I forgot to buy peanuts, but when I pulled my cocoanut out of the freezer, it had a half bag of macadamia nuts inside. I toasted the macadamiss with the coconuts and added at tha end. I increased the. Grated Orange peel to about a tablespoon and added a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper.. I used Basmati rice instead of jasmine . Great recipe!"
"I made this with a blend of brown and white rice. It was very good."
"Since I don't like toasted coconut, I used a can of coconut milk plus enough water to make 2 1/2 cups of liquid and made it in the rice cooker. Added the cherries once the rice was done; my SO sprinkled coconut flakes on his. Smells heavenly and tastes great too!"