Jasmine Rice & Quinoa Pilaf
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until tender. Add
- rice and quinoa; stir to coat. Stir in broth and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or
- until liquid is absorbed, adding the broccoli during the last 3
- minutes of cooking. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.