- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until tender. Add rice and quinoa; stir to coat. Stir in broth and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, adding the broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Jasmine Rice & Quinoa Pilaf in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p281
Reviews for Jasmine Rice & Quinoa Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2013
"I doubled the recipe and added some cooked chicken and egg at the end to make it more of a stir-fry. My mother raved about it and begged me to give her the recipe!"