- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and carrot in oil until tender. Add rice and quinoa; stir to coat. Stir in broth and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, adding the broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Jasmine Rice & Quinoa Pilaf
"Excellent recipe. Left out broccoli because of allergy so added extra carrot. Otherwise made as written-YUM. Easily 5 star and will make again. Thanks for the great recipe."
"I doubled the recipe and added some cooked chicken and egg at the end to make it more of a stir-fry. My mother raved about it and begged me to give her the recipe!"