Velvety smooth, this ice cream has a delicate floral note reminiscent of jasmine blossoms. The plum sauce adds subtle tartness and rich color to the dessert. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1 tablespoon loose-leaf jasmine tea
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) plums, pitted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Place tea in a 1-cup glass measuring cup. Add boiling water; steep 4-6 minutes according to taste. Strain tea, discarding tea leaves. Cool to room temperature.
- Drain plums, reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Place plums, basil, vanilla and reserved syrup in a food processor; process until smooth. Press plum mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a small bowl; discard pulp. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl; stir in tea until blended. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Serve with sauce. If desired, top with basil leaves. Yield: 1 quart (1 cup sauce).
Originally published as Jasmine Ice Cream with Plum Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p132
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Jasmine Ice Cream with Plum Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review