- heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain
- and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Combine
- the cabbage, romaine and peas; place on a serving platter.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil beef 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Arrange the
- carrot, cucumber and radishes on cabbage mixture. Top with rice and
- beef; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 298 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 438 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.