Japanese Steak Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1-1/4 pounds)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup fresh snow peas
- 3 cups sliced Chinese or napa cabbage
- 3 cups torn romaine
- 1/3 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/2 cup julienned carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. For dressing, add the onions, sugar and sesame oil to the remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add peas. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Combine the cabbage, romaine and peas; place on a serving platter.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil beef 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Arrange the carrot, cucumber and radishes on cabbage mixture. Top with rice and beef; drizzle with dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Japanese Steak Salad
Sort By :
"This took some time to prepare due to the number of steps but it was well worth the effort. I made this quite some time ago and have been craving it ever since but couldn't find the recipe again. I'm thrilled that I finally remembered to search for it online and I'm glad searching by the ingredients is so easy since I couldn't remember the name. I can't wait to make it again!"