Japanese Peanut Salad Dressing
After tasting it just once, this salad dressing quickly became a favorite for my family. It's delicious over a variety of mixed greens. --Wendy Stenman
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine all ingredients; shake
- well. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Always dress salad greens just before serving so they won't become soggy. Don't overdress salads. Too much dressing will weigh down ingredients and mask their flavor.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 136 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 313 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.