- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 4 ounces smoked turkey sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery with leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- In a large nonstick skillet lightly coated with cooking spray, saute chicken for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the next 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 50-60 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Jambalaya in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Spring 2006, p37
Reviews for Jambalaya with Turkey Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2010
This was a really great recipe. We did add okra and substituted fresh tomatoes for canned. We also added some crushed red pepper flakes for a little extra kick. It was delicious.