Jambalaya with Catfish
My family owns a catfish processing plant. This colorful, zippy main dish is a great favorite of ours.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cubed
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion, celery, green
- pepper and garlic in butter until tender, about 10 minutes. Add
- tomatoes, mushrooms, cayenne and salt if desired; bring to a boil.
- Add catfish. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until fish flakes easily
- with a fork, about 10 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 recipe equals 356 calories, 13 g fat (0 saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.