My family owns a catfish processing plant. This colorful, zippy main dish is a great favorite of ours.
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cubed
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter until tender, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, cayenne and salt if desired; bring to a boil. Add catfish. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Catfish Jambalaya in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p204
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Jambalaya with Catfish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2013
"I used catfish nuggets. Turned out flavorful and tender. Great warmed up in microwave."