My family owns a catfish processing plant. This colorful, zippy main dish is a great favorite of ours.
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cubed
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter until tender, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, cayenne and salt if desired; bring to a boil. Add catfish. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Catfish Jambalaya in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p204
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Jambalaya with Catfish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2013
"I used catfish nuggets. Turned out flavorful and tender. Great warmed up in microwave."