- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in butter over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the kielbasa, tomatoes, broth, green pepper and onion; bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, salt if desired and hot pepper sauce. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Jambalaya Skillet
"I have been making this meal for a long time! Love it! I have been adding about 2 cups of cubed ham that I froze from leftover holiday ham."
"This is an excellent jambalaya recipe. I added the onions, pepper and sausage to the partially cooked chicken to brown them all for more flavor and color and then added the broth and tomatoes. Delicious!!"