Jambalaya Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken in butter over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the kielbasa, tomatoes, broth, green pepper and onion; bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, salt if desired and hot pepper sauce. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Jambalaya Skillet
Sort By :
"This is an excellent jambalaya recipe. I added the onions, pepper and sausage to the partially cooked chicken to brown them all for more flavor and color and then added the broth and tomatoes. Delicious!!"
"Quick and tasty. I use new orleans style sausage or hot beef links to spice it up"