- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, green pepper and sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced or stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or thyme
- 3 to 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces spiral pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken, turkey or pork
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, peppers and celery in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, mushrooms and seasonings. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Add chicken to tomato mixture; heat through. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture. Discard bay leaves. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Jambalaya Pasta
Sort By :
"Great flavor and heat. I would add some cornstarch to thicken the sauce before adding the pasta also. I made it with shrimp and chicken, but put the shrimp in too early (when I started cooking the pasta); next time I would wait until a few minutes before adding the pasta to the sauce, and would also try with andouille sausage or chorizo."
"Was a good, fast thing to make on a week day, especially if you have a lot of peppers. I thickened the sauce with a little cornstarch before putting the pasta in."