Jambalaya Mix Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried minced chives
- 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1. Combine the first 10 ingredients. Divide into three equal batches; store in airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: about 3 batches (3-1/3 cups total).
- 2. To prepare jambalaya: In a small saucepan, bring water and green pepper to a boil. Stir in 1 cup jambalaya mix; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 3. In another saucepan, heat tomato sauce and sausage. Cook shrimp in boiling water until pink; drain. Stir into sausage mixture. Serve with rice mixture. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 cup: 423 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 1335mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Jambalaya Mix
"I just read the review from "crankysad", and she said she cooks it all in one pot, I was wondering how she did, how long and what she did exactly, would love to make this but can`t afford to go wrong."
"I got this gift recipe in a Jar for Christmas. We love it. We cook it as a one pot meal (takes 25 minutes and feeds the family) and we use italian sausage instead but it is great. Super quick and very tasty. When I run out of mix, I quickly make another batch. It's turning into a "Go To" staple for dinner. **If feeding kids, leave out cayenne and play with it. My kids can't handle spicy foods.**"