- and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1
- to 1-1/4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with
- rice or potatoes if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without rice or potatoes) equals 282 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.