- and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1
- to 1-1/4 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with
- rice or potatoes if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without rice or potatoes) equals 282 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 29 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now