Zesty jerk seasoning is a nice complement to sweet mango in this crowd-pleasing appetizer. Although this delicious dish takes time to prepare, it's conveniently made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve.
15 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + marinating
- 3 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 medium mango or 2 medium peaches, peeled and cubed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium lime, quartered and sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add shrimp; boil
- for 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and rinse with cold water; transfer to a large resealable
- plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lime juice, jalapeno, honey
- and jerk seasoning. Pour 3/4 cup marinade over shrimp. Seal bag and
- turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Refrigerate remaining
- Just before serving, drain and discard marinade from shrimp. On a
- large serving platter, layer with shrimp, mango, onion and lime.