Jamaican Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins(1 pound each)
- 1. In a food processor, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, onion, green onions, jalapeno, thyme, salt, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare the grill for indirect heat using a drip pan.
- 3. Place pork over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium-hot heat for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 225 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Jamaican Pork Tenderloin
"The best pork tenderloin recipe I've come across. It is a go-to recipe for weekday dinners or when we have guests. Yum!"
"Absolutely delicious! This is by far the best pork tenderloin I've ever had. I prepared it for company and everyone raved about how juicy, tender and flavorful this dish was. I'll definitely be making this again!"