Jamaican Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 1 bacon strip, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Discard bacon or save for another use. In the drippings, saute the onions and jalapeno until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 61 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Jamaican Barbecue Sauce
"This sauce was good. I used it on baby back ribs on the grill."