Jam Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup apricot or red raspberry preserves
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place coconut in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk egg and water. Shape cookie dough into 1-in. balls; dip tops in egg mixture, then in coconut, pressing slightly to adhere. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, coconut side up.
- Press a deep indentation in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Fill with preserves.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until bottoms are browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. If desired, dust tops with confectioner's sugar. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Jam Thumbprint Cookies(4)
Sort By :
they were good. I didn't put them in the fridge since the dough was already workable. by the end it was too crumbly though and difficult to work with. I also only baked them for 10 minutes. they are too small for longer temperature.
I could not make these cookies. The batter just crumbled and was worse after the 30 min. in the fridge. What did I do wrong? It appears that it needs more liquid. There was not a chance to roll it into a ball, it just crumbled into a million little crumbs. Help! Thanks, Joanne
These cookies were excellent! I made my batch with raspberry preserves. I made an error following the recipe, I dipped the whole cookie in the egg & water and rolled the whole cookie in the coconut-instead of just the tops. We're coconut fans so it wasn't a problem & I think it even added to the already great recipe! I will definitely make these again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >