This rich pie is always on our Thanksgiving dessert table. Find more of my recipes on my blog, A Southern Grace.—Grace Mannon, Abingdon, Virginia
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flaked coconut, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and bourbon until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, 1 cup coconut and pecans. Pour into pastry shell; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until filling is set and coconut is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Jam-Packed Pecan Pie in Taste of Home November 2013
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Jam-Packed Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review