- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flaked coconut, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and bourbon until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, 1 cup coconut and pecans. Pour into pastry shell; sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until filling is set and coconut is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Jam-Packed Pecan Pie
Sort By :
"We love this and many of kids request it for their birthday dessert, thus we have renamed it, "Birthday Pie". I use half butterscotch chips and half chocolate chips and also stir in 1/4 cup heath bar crunches. I drizzle hot caramel sauce over the top before serving alongside a dollop of ice cream."
"It was considered a success at book club! I set the timer for 45 minutes, but it should have come out at 40 minutes - probably just my oven though. I agree with Brenda, the name is misleading; there is a lot of chocolate compared to pecans. Overall, still a great recipe!"
"This is a delicious pie and I liked the combination of flavors, but I think the name is a bit misleading as it's more of a chocolate pie than a pecan pie. Next time, I'd double the pecans and cut the chocolate chips in half."
"Delicious! This is similar to a chocolate pecan pie that I have been making for years. I like the addition of coconut in this recipe. When I make this again, I will not sprinkle the top with coconut right before baking, because it gets too brown and burns. Maybe sprinkle it on the last 10 minutes, or not at all."
"This pie recipe was wonderful!!! Everyone loved it!!! Put it this way..there were no leftovers!!! The only change I made was leaving out the bourbon.."