Jam-Filled Wreaths & Hearts
"I make these beautiful wreath-shaped cookies with jewel-red centers every Christmas," reports Monica Wilson of Pomona, New York. "The dusting of powdered sugar gives them a snowy look. My mother cut the recipe out of a newspaper some 30 years ago."
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 jar (18 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time,
- beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder,
- cinnamon and allspice; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in oats and
- nuts; mix well. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until dough is easy to
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a
- 2-1/2-in. round- or 2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Using a 1-in.
- round- or heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the center of half of
- the cookies. Place solid and window cookies on lightly greased
- baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on