Jam-Filled Wreaths & Hearts Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 jar (18 ounces) seedless raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and allspice; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in oats and nuts; mix well. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. round- or 2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Using a 1-in. round- or heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the center of half of the cookies. Place solid and window cookies on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- Spread 1 teaspoon jam over bottoms of solid cookies; top with window cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Fill centers with additional jam if desired. Yield: about 3 dozen wreaths or 4 dozen hearts.
Originally published as Jam-Filled Wreaths in Country Woman November/December 1998, p41
Reviews for Jam-Filled Wreaths & Hearts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2010
When I seen these they reminded me of the cookies my mother would with the left over pie crust froming makeing her pies(that would seem alot easier), but am really going to try these. They look delicious. Thanks Monica for the memory.