"Kids and adults love the sweet surprise inside each muffin," reports Jessie MacLeod of St. Stephen, New Brunswick. "They go great in any lunch."
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a
- small bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, butter and lemon peel. Pour
- into dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Spoon half of
- the batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Make a well
- in the center of each; add jam. Spoon remaining batter over jam.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.