Jam 'N' Cream French Toast
My grandmother used to make this for me when I was a child. You can use other flavors of jam, too. —B. MacKinnon, Kodak, Tennessee
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 thick slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Maple syrup, optional
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread. Spread jam on the other
- slice; place jam side down over the cream cheese. In a shallow bowl,
- beat egg. Dip both sides of bread into egg.
- In a small skillet, melt butter; toast bread for 3-4 minutes on each
- side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 slices) equals 376 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 275 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 9 g protein.