Jam 'n' Cream French Toast Recipe
My grandmother used to make this for me when I was a child. You can use other flavors of jam, too. —B. MacKinnon, Kodak, Tennessee
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 thick slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread. Spread jam on the other slice; place jam side down over the cream cheese. In a shallow bowl, beat egg. Dip both sides of bread into egg.
- 2. In a small skillet, melt butter; toast bread for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (2 slices) equals 376 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 275 mg cholesterol, 264 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC