Jam 'n' Cream French Toast Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 thick slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread. Spread jam on the other slice; place jam side down over the cream cheese. In a shallow bowl, beat egg. Dip both sides of bread into egg.
- 2. In a small skillet, melt butter; toast bread for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
2 slice: 376 calories, 26g fat (15g saturated fat), 275mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Jam 'n' Cream French Toast
"This is a delicious recipe! I made it with blackberry jam and used regular cinnamon bread--no raisins. My family loved it!"
"good,I did not have cinnamon raisin breadjust added cinnamon & raisins.probably would be better with c/r bread ,but tastythis way also"
"This is an awesome recipe. I serve it often when I have overnight guests and have received nothing but rave reviews!"