“My husband loves jalapeno poppers but they are rather costly. He loves these that I came up with and wishes I made them more often!” -Tina Heidler of Stinesville, Indiana
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, diced
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and salt. Stir in
- jalapenos. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons filling in the center of each
- wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners
- together over filling and press to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons
- in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain
- on paper towels.
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wonton equals 62 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.