“My husband loves jalapeno poppers but they are rather costly. He loves these that I came up with and wishes I made them more often!” -Tina Heidler of Stinesville, Indiana
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, diced
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and salt. Stir in jalapenos. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners together over filling and press to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Jalapeno Wontons in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p49
Reviews for Jalapeno Wontons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2014
"do you think they could be made ahead of time?"
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2012
"These are excellent.I made them for our super bowl party and everyone raved over them.Thanks for sharing your recipe."
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2009
"I love these and have made them several times...didn't change a thing. Thanks!"