- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, diced
- 1 package (12 ounces) wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and salt. Stir in jalapenos. Place 1-1/2 teaspoons filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners together over filling and press to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Jalapeno Wontons in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p49
Reviews for Jalapeno Wontons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2014
do you think they could be made ahead of time?
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2012
These are excellent.I made them for our super bowl party and everyone raved over them.Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2009
I love these and have made them several times...didn't change a thing. Thanks!