Jalapeno Swiss Burgers
Mexican culture greatly influences our cuisine, and we eat a lot of spicy foods. In this recipe, the mellow flavor of Swiss cheese cuts the heat of the jalapenos.—Jeanine Richardson, Floresville, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and julienned
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Shape beef into eight thin patties. Top four patties with cheese,
- onion and jalapenos. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly
- to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-9
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and
- juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 665 calories, 37 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 55 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now