- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and julienned
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Shape beef into eight thin patties. Top four patties with cheese, onion and jalapenos. Top with remaining patties; press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Jalapeno Swiss Burgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p119
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Jalapeno Swiss Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2011
I love these burgers. Not too hot, I would make them again.