Jalapeno Spinach Dip Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve with chips. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
1/4 cup (calculated without chips): 153 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Jalapeno Spinach Dip
"Love this, it will be on my list as a regular for family gatherings, easy and very tasty"
"This is recipe is tastey and refreshing."
"Delicious and easy. My family loved this."
"This is my favorite spinach dip recipe. Great consistency and flavor. I did not think the dill was overwhelming at all."
"This was a quick and easy recipe and could have been a favorite without the overpowering dill weed-an odd seasoning for a spinach dip."
"I did the quicker microwave version as suggested by MrsOwens but sauteed the onions in a little butter so that they were not raw in the finished product. Awesome recipe!!"
"Very good dip! I did not cook as long as it suggested. After an hour, mine was heated through. You could also microwave this dip, on medium heat, stirring after every 2-3 minutes until heated through, if you're in a hurry."
"Made this the other night and followed the directions exactly. It was delicious!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.