Jalapeno Spinach Dip
Everyone loves spinach dip, and this version is as easy as it is delicious. Just mix the ingredients together in the slow cooker for a savory and creamy appetizer.—Michaela Debelius, Waddell, Arizona
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Tortilla chips
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover
- and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Serve with
- chips. Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 153 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 205 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.