This zesty pizza is a quick way to bring some spice to the dinner table. The biscuit mix crust gets its zip from chopped jalapenos while taco seasoning perks up the tomato sauce. Sweet peppers , sausage, lettuce and tomato complete the Mexican main dish.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 6 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 each medium sweet red and green pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk. Stir in 1 cup cheese and jalapenos. Pat dough onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine taco seasoning and tomato sauce; spread over crust. Top with the peppers, onions, sausage and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Combine sour cream and ranch dressing; drizzle over pizza. Sprinkle with lettuce, tomato and olives. Yield: 6-8 slices.
Originally published as Jalapeno Sausage Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p28
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Jalapeno Sausage Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review