Jalapeno Ribs Recipe
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds pork spareribs
- JALAPENO BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub onto both sides of ribs. Place ribs, meat side up, on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
- Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until browned, basting with sauce and turning several times. Reheat remaining sauce and serve with ribs. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Jalapeno Ribs(23)
Sort By :
Love these ribs! Great rub! Great sauce! I used bone-in country style ribs instead. Would not change a thing!
Excellent... used cayenne pepper instead of chili power only because I was out. Very spicy, but really good.
we loved this recipe, the sauce was top notch. The only thing we will do different is to go with beef ribs and make a little bit more sauce and cook the ribs in the sauce then put them on the grill.
Been making these ribs for years. It was in a TOH pork cookbook I got years ago. It is the ONLY way we ever make ribs anymore. We always double the sauce so there is enough.
These ribs are very tasty. I roasted them covered in the oven for 1-1/2 hours @ 300, turned off the oven and left them in for one more hour before removing - very tender! The jalapeno sauce is EXCELLENT. We loved it and will make and use it not only for ribs, but other meat/poultry/pork items on the bbq.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilled Ribs >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >