Jalapeno Ribs Recipe
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds pork spareribs
- JALAPENO BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; rub onto both sides of ribs. Place ribs, meat side up, on a rack in a foil-lined roasting pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients; simmer, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until browned, basting with sauce and turning several times. Reheat remaining sauce and serve with ribs. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (14 ounces) equals 937 calories, 56 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 223 mg cholesterol, 1,651 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 56 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.